Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day Three - Wow!

I think I have had more windsurfing at home this month (May) than I had at home all last year.

Today I sailed on my 6.6 Hucker. It started off very solid with a few (out of control) gusts. Very good for almost an hour. Good ramps and a few decent jumps.

I asked Louise if she wanted to sail, but she said she would just watch today. She found a sheltered spot by the beach and took some photos...

I blew my back footstrap out, so had to go in and re-insert the screw. When I went back out, the wind had picked up a knotch. I started getting the hang of jibing in "way-overpowered" conditions. Just commit hard (anti-intuitive) and the sail gets light....

Great sail. Max speed 47.8km/hr - not bad in the big chop. I sailed about 20km.
Then it stepped up again and became very gusty. I was tired, and Lou wanted to go to town, so I put everything away. My wind meter was registering gusts of 60kph and lulls of 7kph.
All in all - a great day.

No comments: