Saturday, August 2, 2008

August 1, 2008 - Just Happened to Catch it!!


Man - May 18, since the last decent wind here at home - 2 1/2 Months.

It was breezy all day, but not really enough for windsurfing. Louise called me about three in the afternoon to tell me that the lake wasn't capping...

I finished things up at work and then did a few things in town before heading home. When I got to the top of our hill, the lake was white.....

I changed, rigged big - 5.6 and went out. I was totally over-powered in very steady wind for about 20 minutes. Great sail - good jumps, good waves (Not gorge waves).

Then it just quit. Fortunately I was near the edge. Within an hour it was glassy.

Just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Good practice for our Gorge trip next week.

No comments: