Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Trip Home.

We all left Hood River around 11:00 and arrived at the wall around 12:30.
It was gusty - but blowing hard.


After watching some of the sailors, we decided it wasn't as windy as it looked - so we rigged big...
Big Mistake......

Andreas and I were on 4.8's. The current was very strong, the gusts were tearing the tops off the waves, and there were big lulls along the shore - and sometimes in the middle.

Being overpowered made it hard for me to go downwind. I had a lot of trouble getting back to the beach - and was pretty well exhausted when I finally did. I almost made it a few times, only to run out of wind near the shore - sink into the water, and be dragged away downwind by the current.

Andreas was having a great time - huge jumps.



When I did finally make it back, the others were de-rigging.


Moritz rigged, but then wisely choose to do some Mountain Biking instead.
I don't think any of us could have handled a go-board in those conditions...


The decision was made to drive to Roosevelt and try it there.



It was after 3:00 by the time we got to Roosevelt.

By that time - I had "Go-Home-itis".
Mike and Cam looked like they were going to rig - looked like 4.2
I hope the guy's had a good sail.

I left for home. Got to the boarder around 9:30 (BC) time.
I stayed in Cranbrook at the WalMart overnight.
I left about 6:30am and got home by 2:00pm.


Great Trip. Good to be home!!!

Cheers
Ted

No comments: